Absorbing and Interesting
Similar meaning words
Absorbing adjective - Holding the attention or provoking interest.
Usage example: shell collecting can be so absorbing that you don't notice the tide coming in
Show all Definitions
Synonyms for Absorbing
Antonyms for Absorbing
Interesting is a synonym for absorbing in fascinating topic. In some cases you can use "Interesting" instead an adjective "Absorbing", when it comes to topics like entertaining, enthralling, engrossing. popular alternative
Nearby Words: absorb, absorbed, absorption, absorbent, absorptive
Interesting adjective - Holding the attention or provoking interest.
Usage example: an interesting lecture on conflicts in the Middle East since the demise of the Ottoman Empire
Show all Definitions
Synonyms for Interesting
Antonyms for Interesting
Absorbing is a synonym for interesting in entertaining topic. You can use "Absorbing" instead the word "Interesting" as an adjective or a noun, if it concerns topics such as appealing, intriguing, enthralling, engrossing. popular alternative
Nearby Words: interest, interested, interestingly
- enchanting and absorbing
- enchanting and interesting
- engaging and absorbing
- engaging and interesting
- attractive and absorbing
- attractive and interesting
- amusing and absorbing
- amusing and interesting
- entertaining and absorbing
- entertaining and interesting
- captivating and absorbing
- captivating and interesting
- fascinating and absorbing
- fascinating and interesting
Both words in one sentence
- Wuthering Heights: Come for the romance and/or name calling, stay for the dark, absorbing story and interesting — if amoral — protagonists.
- In an interesting subversion of the whole "save a dying person by sacrificing yourself" business, she was able to save her lover from mortal wounds by only absorbing some of them, just enough that they both survived with grievous injuries.
Source: Empathic Healer
- One of the big draws of a site like this is simply browsing from one page to the next and absorbing the information therein, and that appeal is lessened if every interesting fact is lost to the fog of a spoiler tag.
Cite this Source
Interesting and Absorbing. (2016). Retrieved 2023, March 27, from https://thesaurus.plus/related/absorbing/interesting
Absorbing & Interesting. N.p., 2016. Web. 27 Mar. 2023. <https://thesaurus.plus/related/absorbing/interesting>.
Interesting or Absorbing. 2016. Accessed March 27, 2023. https://thesaurus.plus/related/absorbing/interesting.
Google Ngram Viewer shows how "absorbing" and "interesting" have occurred on timeline