Bankrupt adjective - Utterly lacking in something needed, wanted, or expected.
Impoverished is a synonym for bankrupt in ruined topic. In some cases you can use "Impoverished" instead an adjective "Bankrupt", when it comes to topics like insolvent, broke, unable to pay debts. popular alternative
Impoverished adjective - Lacking money or material possessions.
Usage example: the widespread hope that the lottery's record-setting jackpot is won by an impoverished family
Bankrupt is a synonym for impoverished in poor topic. You can use "Bankrupt" instead the word "Impoverished" as an adjective or a verb, if it concerns topics such as ruined, broke. popular alternative
- bust and bankrupt
- bust and impoverished
- poor and bankrupt
- poor and impoverished
- exhausted and bankrupt
- exhausted and impoverished
- penurious and bankrupt
- penurious and impoverished
- indigent and bankrupt
- indigent and impoverished
- depleted and bankrupt
- depleted and impoverished
- ruined and bankrupt
- ruined and impoverished
Both words in one sentence
- Impoverished Patrician: Catilina is bankrupt; Caesar is so far in debt he has to flee the city.
Source: Literature / Imperium
- Impoverished Patrician: Jughead Jones' family is formerly of old money until they went bankrupt from a scam involving a water bottling plant.
- The impoverished son of a legendary movie mogul who died bankrupt, he built up his own studio from nothing and made five Best Picture winners...and cheerfully stepped on everybody he had to in order to get it done.
Source: Magnificent Bastard / Film
Cite this Source
Impoverished and Bankrupt. (2016). Retrieved 2023, September 28, from https://thesaurus.plus/related/bankrupt/impoverished
Bankrupt & Impoverished. N.p., 2016. Web. 28 Sep. 2023. <https://thesaurus.plus/related/bankrupt/impoverished>.
Impoverished or Bankrupt. 2016. Accessed September 28, 2023. https://thesaurus.plus/related/bankrupt/impoverished.
Google Ngram Viewer shows how "bankrupt" and "impoverished" have occurred on timeline