Cognizance noun - A state of being aware.
Usage example: take cognizance of what is happening
Recognition is a synonym for cognizance in awareness topic. In some cases you can use "Recognition" instead a noun "Cognizance", when it comes to topics like knowledge, understanding, consciousness, mind. popular alternative
Recognition noun - The process of recognizing something or someone by remembering.
Cognizance is a synonym for recognition in consciousness topic. You can use "Cognizance" instead a noun "Recognition", if it concerns topics such as knowledge, identification, grasp, cognisance. popular alternative
- regard and cognizance
- regard and recognition
- understanding and cognizance
- understanding and recognition
- sense and cognizance
- sense and recognition
- consciousness and cognizance
- consciousness and recognition
- appreciation and cognizance
- appreciation and recognition
- attention and cognizance
- attention and recognition
- perception and cognizance
- perception and recognition
How words are described
|full||full cognizance||full recognition|
Both words in one sentence
- Gull: You realize that I only share these private thoughts with you in recognition of your lack of cognizance?
Cite this Source
Recognition and Cognizance. (2016). Retrieved 2023, February 01, from https://thesaurus.plus/related/cognizance/recognition
Cognizance & Recognition. N.p., 2016. Web. 01 Feb. 2023. <https://thesaurus.plus/related/cognizance/recognition>.
Recognition or Cognizance. 2016. Accessed February 01, 2023. https://thesaurus.plus/related/cognizance/recognition.
Google Ngram Viewer shows how "cognizance" and "recognition" have occurred on timeline