Despair noun - Utter loss of hope.
Usage example: the endless drought drove the farmers to despair
Unhappiness is a synonym for despair in hopelessness topic. In some cases you can use "Unhappiness" instead a noun "Despair".
Unhappiness noun - A state or spell of low spirits.
Usage example: with time the young woman got over the unhappiness caused by the breakup
- sadness and despair
- sadness and unhappiness
- distress and despair
- distress and unhappiness
- melancholy and despair
- melancholy and unhappiness
- despondency and despair
- despondency and unhappiness
- dejection and despair
- dejection and unhappiness
- sorrow and despair
- sorrow and unhappiness
- depression and despair
- depression and unhappiness
How words are described
Both words in one sentence
- Emotion Eater: The Black Crystal is this in that it feeds off of negative emotions, particularly unhappiness and despair.
- As long as there is despair and unhappiness for it to feed off of, it will never truly vanish.
Source: As Long as There Is Evil
- The Crystal Ponies were kept as Sombra's Slave Race, and have spent the last thousand years after his defeat with no contact with the outside world and stuck in a state of despair and unhappiness.
Cite this Source
Unhappiness and Despair. (2016). Retrieved 2022, June 26, from https://thesaurus.plus/related/despair/unhappiness
Despair & Unhappiness. N.p., 2016. Web. 26 Jun. 2022. <https://thesaurus.plus/related/despair/unhappiness>.
Unhappiness or Despair. 2016. Accessed June 26, 2022. https://thesaurus.plus/related/despair/unhappiness.
Google Ngram Viewer shows how "despair" and "unhappiness" have occurred on timeline