Disadvantaged and Handicapped
Disadvantaged adjective - Kept from having the necessities of life or a healthful environment.
Show all Definitions
Synonyms for Disadvantaged
Antonyms for Disadvantaged
Handicapped and disadvantaged are semantically related in underprivileged topic. In some cases you can use "Handicapped" instead the word "Disadvantaged" as an adjective or a noun. popular alternative
Handicapped adjective - Incapable of functioning as a consequence of injury or illness.
Show all Definitions
Synonyms for Handicapped
Disadvantaged and handicapped are semantically related in disabled topic. You can use "Disadvantaged" instead the word "Handicapped" as an adjective or a noun, if it concerns topics such as thwarted. popular alternative
Nearby Words: handicap, handicapping
- poor and disadvantaged
- poor and handicapped
- burdened and disadvantaged
- burdened and handicapped
- helpless and disadvantaged
- helpless and handicapped
- depressed and disadvantaged
- depressed and handicapped
- restrained and disadvantaged
- restrained and handicapped
- crippled and disadvantaged
- crippled and handicapped
- restricted and disadvantaged
- restricted and handicapped
Both words in one sentence
- Timmy was a major Breakout Character, who gained a lot of media attention for being a positive portrayal of a handicapped person that still managed to avoid being Inspirationally Disadvantaged.
- This often leads to Disability Superpower, Handicapped Badass, Idiot Savant, Inspirationally Disadvantaged, and other tropes that, done wrong, will imply that disability actually makes a person superior to non-disabled people.
Source: Positive Discrimination
- However, there was just as substantial support for Babs to stay as Oracle, as she was a rare example of a handicapped hero whose concept doesn't rely on a Disability Superpower or on being Inspirationally Disadvantaged.
Source: Sidekick Graduations Stick
Cite this Source
Handicapped and Disadvantaged. (2016). Retrieved 2023, May 29, from https://thesaurus.plus/related/disadvantaged/handicapped
Disadvantaged & Handicapped. N.p., 2016. Web. 29 May. 2023. <https://thesaurus.plus/related/disadvantaged/handicapped>.
Handicapped or Disadvantaged. 2016. Accessed May 29, 2023. https://thesaurus.plus/related/disadvantaged/handicapped.
Google Ngram Viewer shows how "disadvantaged" and "handicapped" have occurred on timeline