Disappointing adjective - Not up to expectations.
Usage example: a disappointing performance from one who had seemed so promising
Show all Definitions
Synonyms for Disappointing
Unsatisfactory is a synonym for disappointing. In some cases you can use "Unsatisfactory" instead an adjective "Disappointing". popular alternative
Unsatisfactory adjective - Not giving satisfaction.
Usage example: her performance proved to be unsatisfactory
Disappointing is a synonym for unsatisfactory in insufficient topic. You can use "Disappointing" instead an adjective "Unsatisfactory". popular alternative
Nearby Word: unsatisfactorily
- displeasing and disappointing
- displeasing and unsatisfactory
- inferior and disappointing
- inferior and unsatisfactory
- poor and disappointing
- poor and unsatisfactory
- inadequate and disappointing
- inadequate and unsatisfactory
- sad and disappointing
- sad and unsatisfactory
- bad and disappointing
- bad and unsatisfactory
- deplorable and disappointing
- deplorable and unsatisfactory
Both words in one sentence
- Receiving an unsatisfactory answer, he dismisses the Big Bad as "the most disappointing movie villain since General Grievous."
Cite this Source
Unsatisfactory and Disappointing. (2016). Retrieved 2022, September 27, from https://thesaurus.plus/related/disappointing/unsatisfactory
Disappointing & Unsatisfactory. N.p., 2016. Web. 27 Sep. 2022. <https://thesaurus.plus/related/disappointing/unsatisfactory>.
Unsatisfactory or Disappointing. 2016. Accessed September 27, 2022. https://thesaurus.plus/related/disappointing/unsatisfactory.
Google Ngram Viewer shows how "disappointing" and "unsatisfactory" have occurred on timeline