Generally adverb - Without distinction of one from others.
In general is a synonym for generally in normally topic. In some cases you can use "In general" instead an adverb "Generally". popular alternative
In general adverb - Without distinction of one from others.
Usage example: he is interested in snakes in general
- largely and generally
- largely and in general
- regularly and generally
- regularly and in general
- habitually and generally
- habitually and in general
- altogether and generally
- altogether and in general
- customarily and generally
- customarily and in general
- chiefly and generally
- chiefly and in general
- mainly and generally
- mainly and in general
Both terms in one sentence
- RT is generally roused by insulting remarks about Earth in general, but particularly America.
- Dark Messiah: Covenant Prophets in general, particularly the Prophet of Truth (a blackmailer and generally ne'er-do-good).
Source: Franchise / Halo
- They're less selfish and aggressive than the other girls, generally because they're kinder and more emotional in general, so they take it particularly hard.
Source: Visual Novel / Shiny Days
Cite this Source
In general and Generally. (2016). Retrieved 2022, December 08, from https://thesaurus.plus/related/generally/in_general
Generally & In general. N.p., 2016. Web. 08 Dec. 2022. <https://thesaurus.plus/related/generally/in_general>.
In general or Generally. 2016. Accessed December 08, 2022. https://thesaurus.plus/related/generally/in_general.
Google Ngram Viewer shows how "generally" and "in general" have occurred on timeline