Ineffective and Unable
Similar meaning words
Ineffective adjective - Lacking in power or forcefulness.
Show all Definitions
Synonyms for Ineffective
Antonyms for Ineffective
Unable is a synonym for ineffective in useless topic. In some cases you can use "Unable" instead an adjective "Ineffective", when it comes to topics like powerless. popular alternative
Nearby Words: ineffectual, ineffectiveness, ineffectively
Unable adjective - Lacking qualities (as knowledge, skill, or ability) required to do a job.
Usage example: a celebrated author of serious plays, he turned out to be a particularly unable writer of comedies
Show all Definitions
Synonyms for Unable
Antonyms for Unable
Ineffective is a synonym for unable in powerless topic. You can use "Ineffective" instead an adjective "Unable". popular alternative
- inept and ineffective
- inept and unable
- unqualified and ineffective
- unqualified and unable
- unfit and ineffective
- unfit and unable
- incompetent and ineffective
- incompetent and unable
- inefficient and ineffective
- inefficient and unable
- inadequate and ineffective
- inadequate and unable
- helpless and ineffective
- helpless and unable
Both words in one sentence
- The Tennysons are in the area, but are unable to stop it immediately due to the usual aliens proving ineffective.
Source: No Ontological Inertia
- Early remarks in the rules regarding lasers being abandoned by the military as ineffective against armor were later justified in that, versus military grade metal armor, standard vehicle mounted lasers are useless - being unable to penetrate a typical tank even after several maximum damage hits.
Source: We Will Use Lasers in the Future
- It's entirely possible to walk into the third boss with little ammo, ineffective weapons, and if you make a certain story decision being unable to use any augments and having an Interface Screw on top of that.
Source: Boss Dissonance
Cite this Source
Unable and Ineffective. (2016). Retrieved 2023, March 29, from https://thesaurus.plus/related/ineffective/unable
Ineffective & Unable. N.p., 2016. Web. 29 Mar. 2023. <https://thesaurus.plus/related/ineffective/unable>.
Unable or Ineffective. 2016. Accessed March 29, 2023. https://thesaurus.plus/related/ineffective/unable.
Google Ngram Viewer shows how "ineffective" and "unable" have occurred on timeline