Ineffectual and Unable
Similar meaning words
Ineffectual adjective - Lacking in power or forcefulness.
Usage example: an ineffectual ruler
Show all Definitions
Synonyms for Ineffectual
Antonyms for Ineffectual
Unable is a synonym for ineffectual in useless topic. In some cases you can use "Unable" instead an adjective "Ineffectual". popular alternative
Nearby Words: ineffective, ineffectively
Unable adjective - Lacking qualities (as knowledge, skill, or ability) required to do a job.
Usage example: a celebrated author of serious plays, he turned out to be a particularly unable writer of comedies
Show all Definitions
Synonyms for Unable
Antonyms for Unable
Ineffectual is a synonym for unable in skill topic. You can use "Ineffectual" instead an adjective "Unable", if it concerns topics such as not able. popular alternative
- inept and ineffectual
- inept and unable
- unqualified and ineffectual
- unqualified and unable
- unfit and ineffectual
- unfit and unable
- incompetent and ineffectual
- incompetent and unable
- inefficient and ineffectual
- inefficient and unable
- inadequate and ineffectual
- inadequate and unable
- helpless and ineffectual
- helpless and unable
Both words in one sentence
- In the ending of his stage, Jasper is unable to withstand Bonita's radiance and is left to shrink while screaming ineffectual insults, representing Gloria's positivity overcoming her self-hatred.
Source: Weakened by the Light
- At the ending of the stage, Jasper is unable to withstand Bonita's radiance and is left to shrink while screaming ineffectual insults, representing Gloria's positivity overcoming her self-hatred.
Source: Video Game / Psychonauts
- Certainly Josef K.'s ineffectual blundering, as he continually tries and fails to salvage his situation, unable to even get the authorities to tell him what he's charged with, can be seen as darkly comic.
Source: Kafka Komedy
Cite this Source
Unable and Ineffectual. (2016). Retrieved 2023, March 21, from https://thesaurus.plus/related/ineffectual/unable
Ineffectual & Unable. N.p., 2016. Web. 21 Mar. 2023. <https://thesaurus.plus/related/ineffectual/unable>.
Unable or Ineffectual. 2016. Accessed March 21, 2023. https://thesaurus.plus/related/ineffectual/unable.
Google Ngram Viewer shows how "ineffectual" and "unable" have occurred on timeline