Opportunity noun - A possibility due to a favorable combination of circumstances.
Usage example: the holiday gave us the opportunity to visit Washington
Show all Definitions
Synonyms for Opportunity
Possibility is a synonym for opportunity in capacity topic. In some cases you can use "Possibility" instead a noun "Opportunity", when it comes to topics like luck, chance, capability, recourse. popular alternative
Possibility noun - Something that can develop or become actual.
Opportunity is a synonym for possibility in capacity topic. You can use "Opportunity" instead a noun "Possibility", if it concerns topics such as luck, chance, capability, recourse. popular alternative
- ability and opportunity
- ability and possibility
- capacity and opportunity
- capacity and possibility
- prospect and opportunity
- prospect and possibility
- hope and opportunity
- hope and possibility
- break and opportunity
- break and possibility
- chance and opportunity
- chance and possibility
- probability and opportunity
- probability and possibility
How words are described
|good||good opportunity||good possibility|
|rare||rare opportunity||rare possibility|
|best||best opportunity||best possibility|
|reasonable||reasonable opportunity||reasonable possibility|
|Other adjectives: legitimate, single, open, small, actual, real, big, great, huge, little, potential, easy, new, outside, slightest, further, greater, last, realistic.|
Both words in one sentence
- It's mostly convenient for Shinji, as he uses the opportunity to explain what happened at the end of the story, but it ends with the possibility he may never recover.
Source: Fan Fic / The Second Try
- When she learns of an opportunity to become a concubine of the young new Emperor, with the possibility of getting a regular food supply in the bargain, Ginga convinces her father to let her go.
- Refusal of the Call: Having raised the possibility on the third page of "Franken-Berry" that some zombies want to revisit their loved ones instead of eat brains, Mulberry initially refuses the opportunity to fight zombies at a TV commercial studio.
Source: Webcomic / Mulberry
Cite this Source
Possibility and Opportunity. (2016). Retrieved 2023, September 25, from https://thesaurus.plus/related/opportunity/possibility
Opportunity & Possibility. N.p., 2016. Web. 25 Sep. 2023. <https://thesaurus.plus/related/opportunity/possibility>.
Possibility or Opportunity. 2016. Accessed September 25, 2023. https://thesaurus.plus/related/opportunity/possibility.
Google Ngram Viewer shows how "opportunity" and "possibility" have occurred on timeline