Petty adjective - Not broad or open in views or opinions.
Usage example: a petty little town that was not ethnically diverse and very happy about the situation
Small-minded is a synonym for petty in trivial topic. In some cases you can use "Small-minded" instead an adjective "Petty", when it comes to topics like important, limited. popular alternative
Small-minded adjective - Not broad or open in views or opinions.
Usage example: resented the small-minded people who automatically opposed every new idea
- mean and petty
- mean and small-minded
- intolerant and petty
- intolerant and small-minded
- narrow-minded and petty
- narrow-minded and small-minded
- prejudiced and petty
- prejudiced and small-minded
- bigoted and petty
- bigoted and small-minded
- illiberal and petty
- illiberal and small-minded
- small and petty
- small and small-minded
Both words in one sentence
- One may disagree if that's a good thing, but at least he's not so petty and small-minded as before.
Source: Comic Book / The Sandman
- More small-minded and petty than outright evil, but also a typical aristocrat in pre-Revolutionary France, so probably more in the bad column.
Source: Aristocrats Are Evil
- This is particularly understandable, since as a rule the gods of the Discworld are basically petty, small-minded jerks who pretty much solicit worship by bullying people into acknowledging them.
Source: Secular Hero
Cite this Source
Small-minded and Petty. (2016). Retrieved 2023, February 01, from https://thesaurus.plus/related/petty/small-minded
Petty & Small-minded. N.p., 2016. Web. 01 Feb. 2023. <https://thesaurus.plus/related/petty/small-minded>.
Small-minded or Petty. 2016. Accessed February 01, 2023. https://thesaurus.plus/related/petty/small-minded.