Privacy noun - The state of being alone or kept apart from others.
Usage example: I enjoy privacy for a time, but eventually I miss the company of others
Solitude is a synonym for privacy in seclusion topic. In some cases you can use "Solitude" instead the word "Privacy" as a noun or an adjective, when it comes to topics like retreat, isolation, retirement. popular alternative
Solitude noun - The state of being alone or kept apart from others.
Usage example: sought the kind of solitude where his thoughts would be his only companions
Show all Definitions
Synonyms for Solitude
- sequestration and privacy
- sequestration and solitude
- retreat and privacy
- retreat and solitude
- desert and privacy
- desert and solitude
- separateness and privacy
- separateness and solitude
- isolation and privacy
- isolation and solitude
- separation and privacy
- separation and solitude
- retirement and privacy
- retirement and solitude
How words are described
Both words in one sentence
- Macros The Black cultivated the legend of the Black Sorcerer to protect his own privacy and solitude.
Source: Self-Made Myth
- Although they prefer privacy and solitude, the narrator points out the Prince's taste for luxury and comfort.
Source: Video Game / The Silver Lining
- Even the slightest deviation (say, that for a sexually exclusive relationship, a modicum of privacy, or an extraordinary predilection for solitude) results in extreme pressure to conform.
Source: Free-Love Future
Cite this Source
Solitude and Privacy. (2016). Retrieved 2022, August 12, from https://thesaurus.plus/related/privacy/solitude
Privacy & Solitude. N.p., 2016. Web. 12 Aug. 2022. <https://thesaurus.plus/related/privacy/solitude>.
Solitude or Privacy. 2016. Accessed August 12, 2022. https://thesaurus.plus/related/privacy/solitude.
Google Ngram Viewer shows how "privacy" and "solitude" have occurred on timeline