Apathy and Indifference
Similar meaning words
Apathy noun - A lack of emotion or emotional expressiveness.
Usage example: the apathy of the people of that war-torn country comes from their having seen too many horrors
Show all Definitions
Synonyms for Apathy
Antonyms for Apathy
Indifference is a synonym for apathy in lack of interest topic. In some cases you can use "Indifference" instead a noun "Apathy", when it comes to topics like self-possession, smugness, nonchalance, dullness. popular alternative
Nearby Words: apathetic, apathetically
Indifference noun - Lack of interest or concern.
Usage example: an alarming indifference toward the well-being of his own children
Show all Definitions
Synonyms for Indifference
Antonyms for Indifference
Apathy is a synonym for indifference in interest topic. You can use "Apathy" instead a noun "Indifference", if it concerns topics such as disregard, self-possession, smugness, nonchalance. popular alternative
Nearby Words: indifferent, indifferently
- detachment and apathy
- detachment and indifference
- aloofness and apathy
- aloofness and indifference
- disregard and apathy
- disregard and indifference
- coolness and apathy
- coolness and indifference
- lassitude and apathy
- lassitude and indifference
- phlegm and apathy
- phlegm and indifference
- insouciance and apathy
- insouciance and indifference
How words are described
|burning||burning apathy||burning indifference|
|usual||usual apathy||usual indifference|
|public||public apathy||public indifference|
|utter||utter apathy||utter indifference|
|Other adjectives: total, mild, initial, seeming, relative, critical, sheer, open, dull, dry, massive, extreme, serious, absolute, social, widespread, general, apparent, outright, growing, bureaucratic.|
Both words in one sentence
- Most of the villains' mistreatment of animals is out of apathy and indifference to the creatures' well-being than outright sadism.
Source: Western Animation / Wild Kratts
- The narrator doesn't seem to have much of a conscious with this however, and her mild indifference and apathy towards some of the darker elements of Equestrian history, even poking fun at them at times, would certainly qualify for this trope.
Source: Black Comedy
- On the other hand, they do hire a gunman to kill Herod; their indifference is more a survival tactic than actual apathy.
Source: Film / The Quick and the Dead
Cite this Source
Indifference and Apathy. (2016). Retrieved 2023, June 05, from https://thesaurus.plus/related/apathy/indifference
Apathy & Indifference. N.p., 2016. Web. 05 Jun. 2023. <https://thesaurus.plus/related/apathy/indifference>.
Indifference or Apathy. 2016. Accessed June 05, 2023. https://thesaurus.plus/related/apathy/indifference.
Google Ngram Viewer shows how "apathy" and "indifference" have occurred on timeline