Assassinate and Kill
Similar meaning words
Assassinate verb - To put to death deliberately.
Usage example: Marat was assassinated by Charlotte Corday
Show all Definitions
Synonyms for Assassinate
Antonyms for Assassinate
Kill is a synonym for assassinate in murder topic. In some cases you can use "Kill" instead a verb "Assassinate", when it comes to topics like action, criminality, slaughter, slay. popular alternative
Nearby Words: assassin, assassination, assassinating, assassinator
Kill verb - To deprive of life.
Usage example: during the war more soldiers were killed by disease than anything else
Show all Definitions
Synonyms for Kill
Antonyms for Kill
Assassinate is a synonym for kill in murder topic. You can use "Assassinate" instead a verb "Kill", if it concerns topics such as slay, destroy, criminality, slaughter. popular alternative
- liquidate and assassinate
- liquidate and kill
- annihilate and assassinate
- annihilate and kill
- extinguish and assassinate
- extinguish and kill
- eliminate and assassinate
- eliminate and kill
- dispatch and assassinate
- dispatch and kill
- massacre and assassinate
- massacre and kill
- murder and assassinate
- murder and kill
Both words in one sentence
- Historically, "slay" meant "cause the death of, including justifiably", while "kill" meant "murder"... and "murder" meant "assassinate"; the coinage of "assassinate" by Shakespeare probably contributed to the definition-creep of the other words.
- He may kill babies, assassinate kings, and plot to take over the world, but many a Lawful Evil villain will never engage in wanton slaughter to no purpose and will never break his word.
- The Faceless Men do not "kill", "murder" or "assassinate".
Cite this Source
Kill and Assassinate. (2016). Retrieved 2023, March 21, from https://thesaurus.plus/related/assassinate/kill
Assassinate & Kill. N.p., 2016. Web. 21 Mar. 2023. <https://thesaurus.plus/related/assassinate/kill>.
Kill or Assassinate. 2016. Accessed March 21, 2023. https://thesaurus.plus/related/assassinate/kill.
Google Ngram Viewer shows how "assassinate" and "kill" have occurred on timeline