Attribute noun - Something that sets apart an individual from others of the same kind.
Usage example: list the attributes of a mammal
Show all Definitions
Synonyms for Attribute
Characteristic is a synonym for attribute in quality topic. In some cases you can use "Characteristic" instead a noun "Attribute", when it comes to topics like feature, be. popular alternative
Characteristic noun - Something that sets apart an individual from others of the same kind.
Usage example: the ability to fashion tools and other characteristics that distinguish human beings from other animals
Attribute is a synonym for characteristic in feature topic. You can use "Attribute" instead a noun "Characteristic", if it concerns topics such as trait, be. popular alternative
- quality and attribute
- quality and characteristic
- character and attribute
- character and characteristic
- mark and attribute
- mark and characteristic
- peculiarity and attribute
- peculiarity and characteristic
- feature and attribute
- feature and characteristic
- property and attribute
- property and characteristic
- virtue and attribute
- virtue and characteristic
How words are described
|human||human attribute||human characteristic|
|good||good attribute||good characteristic|
|high||high attribute||high characteristic|
|physical||physical attribute||physical characteristic|
|Other adjectives: notable, special, distinctive, particular, common, natural, certain, single, prominent, real, main, memorable, important, unique, chief, secondary, negative, unusual, different, informed, higher, endearing, defining.|
Both words in one sentence
- There's also non-attribute will with a "characteristic" called Moon that some stones can create.
Source: Tabletop Game / Force Of Will
- Informed Attribute: The character profiles on the official Japanese site for JSR(as well as the official Japanese guide) list a single defining characteristic and a favorite thing for each Rudie.
Source: Video Game / Jet Set Radio
- Informed Attribute: The world is supposedly the Paper Mario world, but whilst many mechanics (such as the battle setup and status menus) do transfer over, the namesake characteristic - being made of paper - doesn't seem to be in effect.
Cite this Source
Characteristic and Attribute. (2016). Retrieved 2022, June 26, from https://thesaurus.plus/related/attribute/characteristic
Attribute & Characteristic. N.p., 2016. Web. 26 Jun. 2022. <https://thesaurus.plus/related/attribute/characteristic>.
Characteristic or Attribute. 2016. Accessed June 26, 2022. https://thesaurus.plus/related/attribute/characteristic.
Google Ngram Viewer shows how "attribute" and "characteristic" have occurred on timeline