Busybody noun - A person who meddles in the affairs of others.
Usage example: that busybody across the street is always telling me how to tend to my own garden
Show all Definitions
Synonyms for Busybody
Gossip noun - A person who habitually reveals personal or sensational facts about others.
Busybody is a synonym for gossip in scandalmonger topic. You can use "Busybody" instead the word "Gossip" as a noun or a verb, if it concerns topics such as spreads.
- troublemaker and busybody
- troublemaker and gossip
- telltale and busybody
- telltale and gossip
- snoop and busybody
- snoop and gossip
- meddler and busybody
- meddler and gossip
- tattler and busybody
- tattler and gossip
- chatterbox and busybody
- chatterbox and gossip
- blabbermouth and busybody
- blabbermouth and gossip
How words are described
Both words in one sentence
- In The Parent Trap (the original with Hayley Mills), the Evers' housekeeper, a flagrant busybody, would often conclude her gossip with "But I'm not saying a word, not one single word".
Source: Could Say It, But...
- In one episode of Adventures in Care-a-Lot, Grizzle, disguised as Busybody Bear, is trying to break up a band that some of the bears started by spreading gossip about the members.
Source: Law of Disproportionate Response
- In the Adventures in Care-A-Lot episode "Battle of the Band," Grizzle dons a Wig, Dress, Accent to pose as "Busybody Bear" and spread a little gossip to break up a recently formed band, whose practicing was keeping him from getting any sleep.
Source: Disguised in Drag
Cite this Source
Gossip and Busybody. (2016). Retrieved 2023, January 31, from https://thesaurus.plus/related/busybody/gossip
Busybody & Gossip. N.p., 2016. Web. 31 Jan. 2023. <https://thesaurus.plus/related/busybody/gossip>.
Gossip or Busybody. 2016. Accessed January 31, 2023. https://thesaurus.plus/related/busybody/gossip.
Google Ngram Viewer shows how "busybody" and "gossip" have occurred on timeline