Careless adjective - Not paying or showing close attention especially for the purpose of avoiding trouble.
Usage example: a careless mistake that caused the plane to crash
Reckless is a synonym for careless in inconsiderate topic. In some cases you can use "Reckless" instead an adjective "Careless", when it comes to topics like thoughtless, arrogant, heedless, carefree. popular alternative
Reckless adjective - Having or showing a lack of concern for the consequences of one's actions.
Usage example: the reckless skiers were making everyone nervous by schussing down the mountainside at lightning speed
Careless is a synonym for reckless in inconsiderate topic. You can use "Careless" instead an adjective "Reckless", if it concerns topics such as deed, thoughtless, rash, carefree. popular alternative
- brash and careless
- brash and reckless
- inconsiderate and careless
- inconsiderate and reckless
- indiscreet and careless
- indiscreet and reckless
- thoughtless and careless
- thoughtless and reckless
- imprudent and careless
- imprudent and reckless
- rash and careless
- rash and reckless
- heedless and careless
- heedless and reckless
Both words in one sentence
- Of course, your packmates can also die first if you're careless or reckless.
Source: Video Game / Tokyo Jungle
- In the Disney movie, the hunters are explicitly reckless and careless, shooting everything that moves and setting the forest ablaze from a badly tended campfire.
- When Serpentor awoke, he proved to be barely better than Cobra Commander was, and in many ways, far more careless and reckless.
Source: Imperfect Ritual
Cite this Source
Reckless and Careless. (2016). Retrieved 2022, August 08, from https://thesaurus.plus/related/careless/reckless
Careless & Reckless. N.p., 2016. Web. 08 Aug. 2022. <https://thesaurus.plus/related/careless/reckless>.
Reckless or Careless. 2016. Accessed August 08, 2022. https://thesaurus.plus/related/careless/reckless.
Google Ngram Viewer shows how "careless" and "reckless" have occurred on timeline