Companion and Familiar
Similar meaning words
Companion noun - A person frequently seen in the company of another.
Usage example: the reckless companions of one's youth
Show all Definitions
Synonyms for Companion
Antonyms for Companion
Familiar is a synonym for companion in associate topic. In some cases you can use "Familiar" instead a noun "Companion", when it comes to topics like trusted intimate.
Nearby Words: companionable, companionship, companioned
Familiar noun - A person who has a strong liking for and trust in another.
Usage example: with old familiars the normally reserved writer can be quite warm and funny
Show all Definitions
Synonyms for Familiar
Antonyms for Familiar
Companion is a synonym for familiar in person topic. You can use "Companion" instead a noun "Familiar", if it concerns topics such as associate, trusted intimate.
Nearby Words: familiarity, familiarize, familiarise, familiarized, familiarization
- friend and companion
- friend and familiar
- intimate and companion
- intimate and familiar
- fellow and companion
- fellow and familiar
- acquaintance and companion
- acquaintance and familiar
- associate and companion
- associate and familiar
- confidante and companion
- confidante and familiar
- comrade and companion
- comrade and familiar
Both words in one sentence
- In Magical Girl shows, this critter is usually the one who initially gives the girl her powers, and is known as a companion or a familiar.
Source: Mentor Mascot
- Subverted by Loiosh, an actual jhereg who can be quite courageous when acting on behalf of Vlad, who raised Loiosh as his companion and familiar.
Source: Literature / Dragaera
- A wizard's familiar or a ranger or druid's animal companion might be this, since they look like normal animals but have enhanced abilities due to being linked to the magic user.
Source: Badass Adorable / Tabletop Games
Cite this Source
Familiar and Companion. (2016). Retrieved 2023, March 25, from https://thesaurus.plus/related/companion/familiar
Companion & Familiar. N.p., 2016. Web. 25 Mar. 2023. <https://thesaurus.plus/related/companion/familiar>.
Familiar or Companion. 2016. Accessed March 25, 2023. https://thesaurus.plus/related/companion/familiar.
Google Ngram Viewer shows how "companion" and "familiar" have occurred on timeline