Especially adverb - In the specific case of one person or thing as distinguished from others.
Mostly is a synonym for especially in mainly topic. In some cases you can use "Mostly" instead an adverb "Especially", when it comes to topics like often, notably.
Nearby Word: especial
- largely and especially
- largely and mostly
- eminently and especially
- eminently and mostly
- particularly and especially
- particularly and mostly
- primarily and especially
- primarily and mostly
- basically and especially
- basically and mostly
- peculiarly and especially
- peculiarly and mostly
- chiefly and especially
- chiefly and mostly
Both words in one sentence
- While Kim has no problem with the Hugheses living with them, Greg certainly does and is always complaining about them, mostly/especially Jimmy, constantly mooching off of him.
Source: The Thing That Would Not Leave
- Determinator: Shows up quite often, mostly with badgers, but most especially with Martin the Warrior at the end of Mossflower.
Source: Literature / Redwall
- This is especially notable when taken into perspective, where in earlier films Godzilla's breath was used mostly as a last resort and often had devastating effects on opponents.
Cite this Source
Mostly and Especially. (2016). Retrieved 2022, June 25, from https://thesaurus.plus/related/especially/mostly
Especially & Mostly. N.p., 2016. Web. 25 Jun. 2022. <https://thesaurus.plus/related/especially/mostly>.
Mostly or Especially. 2016. Accessed June 25, 2022. https://thesaurus.plus/related/especially/mostly.
Google Ngram Viewer shows how "especially" and "mostly" have occurred on timeline