- precisely and exactly
- precisely and strictly speaking
- particularly and exactly
- particularly and strictly speaking
- accurately and exactly
- accurately and strictly speaking
- closely and exactly
- closely and strictly speaking
- specifically and exactly
- specifically and strictly speaking
- expressly and exactly
- expressly and strictly speaking
- strictly and exactly
- strictly and strictly speaking
Both terms in one sentence
- Pessimal, who - strictly speaking - does not exactly fit this trope, since he wasn't named as a child, he was "initialled", so A.E.
Source: Mysterious Middle Initial
- In fact, the Cordelia we had been seeing for most of the fourth season wasn't exactly Cordelia, strictly speaking, but was her being controlled by a God-like entity.
Source: Commuting on a Bus
- Strictly speaking, there is only one pun: 格 is pronounced exactly the same as 革, and 革命 means "revolution" (and 起革命 means "starting a revolution", but this is used more and more in non-serious contexts in modern times), while 起格 means "pixelated".
Cite this Source
Strictly speaking and Exactly. (2016). Retrieved 2022, December 08, from https://thesaurus.plus/related/exactly/strictly_speaking
Exactly & Strictly speaking. N.p., 2016. Web. 08 Dec. 2022. <https://thesaurus.plus/related/exactly/strictly_speaking>.
Strictly speaking or Exactly. 2016. Accessed December 08, 2022. https://thesaurus.plus/related/exactly/strictly_speaking.
Google Ngram Viewer shows how "exactly" and "strictly speaking" have occurred on timeline