Machinery noun - A system of means and activities whereby a social institution functions.
Usage example: the complex machinery of negotiation
Show all Definitions
Synonyms for Machinery
System is a synonym for machinery in administration topic. In some cases you can use "System" instead a noun "Machinery", when it comes to topics like scheme, workings, devices performing work.
Nearby Words: machine, machining
- technique and machinery
- technique and system
- device and machinery
- device and system
- apparatus and machinery
- apparatus and system
- mode and machinery
- mode and system
- administration and machinery
- administration and system
- organization and machinery
- organization and system
- structure and machinery
- structure and system
How words are described
|human||human machinery||human system|
|old||old machinery||old system|
|special||special machinery||special system|
|elaborate||elaborate machinery||elaborate system|
|Other adjectives: better, complex, alien, massive, complicated, inner, internal, sophisticated, new, advanced, political, broken, military, underground, basic, modern, automated, magical, electrical.|
Both words in one sentence
- Prudith accidentally takes her place, and has her body entirely destroyed, save for her brain, eyes, and nervous system, and has it replaced with new body parts and machinery.
Source: Unwilling Roboticisation
- This is assuming that the one-person-industrial-revolution knows how all of this stuff is supposed to work - the machinery, the institutions, and the economic system - in the first place, anyhow.
Source: One-Man Industrial Revolution
- So the reactor system, including cooling pumps and other machinery, runs all the time.
Cite this Source
System and Machinery. (2016). Retrieved 2022, June 26, from https://thesaurus.plus/related/machinery/system
Machinery & System. N.p., 2016. Web. 26 Jun. 2022. <https://thesaurus.plus/related/machinery/system>.
System or Machinery. 2016. Accessed June 26, 2022. https://thesaurus.plus/related/machinery/system.
Google Ngram Viewer shows how "machinery" and "system" have occurred on timeline