Poor adjective - Lacking money or material possessions.
Usage example: every year, we make up a basket of food at Thanksgiving for a poor family in the neighborhood
Underprivileged is a synonym for poor in characteristic topic. In some cases you can use "Underprivileged" instead the word "Poor" as an adjective or a noun, when it comes to topics like indigent, needy, poverty-stricken, lacking sufficient money. popular alternative
Underprivileged adjective - Kept from having the necessities of life or a healthful environment.
Usage example: underprivileged children often don't do as well on standardized tests as more privileged students
- low and poor
- low and underprivileged
- humble and poor
- humble and underprivileged
- inferior and poor
- inferior and underprivileged
- unfortunate and poor
- unfortunate and underprivileged
- miserable and poor
- miserable and underprivileged
- wretched and poor
- wretched and underprivileged
- penurious and poor
- penurious and underprivileged
Both words in one sentence
- He is "a champion of the poor and underprivileged, as these are the good souls who have fed and clothed him along the way." Also, to a certain extent, he might be The Fool.
Source: Structural Archetypes
- Tsubasa's second rival, however, is Kojiro Hyuuga, who is very underprivileged since he comes from a very poor family and thus inverts the trope.
Source: Privileged Rival
- Revolves around an underdog (maybe they are underprivileged, poor, disabled, etc.) who triumphs despite overwhelming odds.
Source: Master Plots
Cite this Source
Underprivileged and Poor. (2016). Retrieved 2023, September 25, from https://thesaurus.plus/related/poor/underprivileged
Poor & Underprivileged. N.p., 2016. Web. 25 Sep. 2023. <https://thesaurus.plus/related/poor/underprivileged>.
Underprivileged or Poor. 2016. Accessed September 25, 2023. https://thesaurus.plus/related/poor/underprivileged.
Google Ngram Viewer shows how "poor" and "underprivileged" have occurred on timeline