Apparently adverb - To all outward appearances.
Usage example: apparently, her husband didn't know the cake was for the raffle, since he helped himself to a piece
Clearly is a synonym for apparently in obviously topic. In some cases you can use "Clearly" instead an adverb "Apparently", when it comes to topics like expressly, explicitly.
Nearby Word: apparent
Clearly adverb - Without any question.
Apparently is a synonym for clearly in expressly topic. You can use "Apparently" instead an adverb "Clearly", if it concerns topics such as obviously, explicitly, without any doubt.
- definitely and apparently
- definitely and clearly
- plainly and apparently
- plainly and clearly
- certainly and apparently
- certainly and clearly
- markedly and apparently
- markedly and clearly
- distinctly and apparently
- distinctly and clearly
- presumably and apparently
- presumably and clearly
- probably and apparently
- probably and clearly
Both words in one sentence
- Said 'visit', unfortunately, is nothing more than an entirely offscreen argument between Mom and Dad, ending with Mom shouting 'NO' loudly and clearly and apparently slamming the door in his face before giving you the present he had for you.
Source: Visit by Divorced Dad
- Which he ended (apparently offscreen, the nurse simply vanished) upon getting a taste of his own medicine, via a guilty letter from his wife that clearly caused him distress.
Source: Good Adultery, Bad Adultery
- In the Daria episode "Lucky Strike", one of the substitute teachers clearly has a weird attraction to Tiffany, though she (and apparently everyone in her class) is too dense to realize it.
Source: Teacher/Student Romance
Cite this Source
Clearly and Apparently. (2016). Retrieved 2022, August 12, from https://thesaurus.plus/related/apparently/clearly
Apparently & Clearly. N.p., 2016. Web. 12 Aug. 2022. <https://thesaurus.plus/related/apparently/clearly>.
Clearly or Apparently. 2016. Accessed August 12, 2022. https://thesaurus.plus/related/apparently/clearly.
Google Ngram Viewer shows how "apparently" and "clearly" have occurred on timeline