Apparently adverb - To all outward appearances.
Usage example: apparently, her husband didn't know the cake was for the raffle, since he helped himself to a piece
Evidently is a synonym for apparently in clearly topic. In some cases you can use "Evidently" instead an adverb "Apparently", when it comes to topics like obviously, seemingly, as if, surface. popular alternative
Nearby Word: apparent
Evidently adverb - To all outward appearances.
Usage example: she was evidently dissatisfied with her job and abruptly quit
Apparently is a synonym for evidently in clearly topic. You can use "Apparently" instead an adverb "Evidently", if it concerns topics such as seemingly, as if, surface, expressly. popular alternative
- supposedly and apparently
- supposedly and evidently
- plainly and apparently
- plainly and evidently
- clearly and apparently
- clearly and evidently
- distinctly and apparently
- distinctly and evidently
- doubtless and apparently
- doubtless and evidently
- ostensibly and apparently
- ostensibly and evidently
- obviously and apparently
- obviously and evidently
Both words in one sentence
- The dragons are from another world, are evidently mammalian, have electricity-based powers and poisonous talonsnote though apparently only to elves, and are supremely talented Shapeshifters.
- The first game apparently came out in the NES era and evidently its popularity has been extremely long-lived.
- Men Are the Expendable Gender: Maglubiyet evidently buys into this trope, as it's apparently a divine mandate that no females (spellcasters excepted) are allowed in a goblin warcamp.
Source: Webcomic / Goblins
Cite this Source
Evidently and Apparently. (2016). Retrieved 2022, June 30, from https://thesaurus.plus/related/apparently/evidently
Apparently & Evidently. N.p., 2016. Web. 30 Jun. 2022. <https://thesaurus.plus/related/apparently/evidently>.
Evidently or Apparently. 2016. Accessed June 30, 2022. https://thesaurus.plus/related/apparently/evidently.
Google Ngram Viewer shows how "apparently" and "evidently" have occurred on timeline