Competitor noun - One who strives for the same thing as another.
Usage example: the competitors for this prestigious science award come from the best high schools in the country
Show all Definitions
Synonyms for Competitor
Opponent is a synonym for competitor in rival topic. In some cases you can use "Opponent" instead a noun "Competitor", when it comes to topics like person, conflict, contestant, person willing to enter contest. popular alternative
Opponent noun - One that takes a position opposite another in a competition or conflict.
Usage example: in martial arts, before the match begins, always bow to your opponent
- match and competitor
- match and opponent
- rival and competitor
- rival and opponent
- opposition and competitor
- opposition and opponent
- aspirant and competitor
- aspirant and opponent
- candidate and competitor
- candidate and opponent
- contestant and competitor
- contestant and opponent
- antagonist and competitor
- antagonist and opponent
How words are described
|human||human competitor||human opponent|
|good||good competitor||good opponent|
|female||female competitor||female opponent|
|specific||specific competitor||specific opponent|
|Other adjectives: single, strong, powerful, actual, male, tough, serious, dangerous, main, capable, new, major, former, fallen, larger, primary, next, smaller, last, said, strongest.|
Both words in one sentence
- Goku himself is combination of the first variety of this and Spirited Competitor unless his opponent's evil registers to him even more than their power does.
Source: Cavalier Competitor
- Nothing breeds sympathy like watching a competitor being unfairly mocked because he had the audacity to follow the rules while his opponent was ruled the winner for being ignorant.
Source: Unintentionally Sympathetic
- One competitor even brought a laptop computer to help him predict what his opponent would choose.
Cite this Source
Opponent and Competitor. (2016). Retrieved 2023, February 01, from https://thesaurus.plus/related/competitor/opponent
Competitor & Opponent. N.p., 2016. Web. 01 Feb. 2023. <https://thesaurus.plus/related/competitor/opponent>.
Opponent or Competitor. 2016. Accessed February 01, 2023. https://thesaurus.plus/related/competitor/opponent.
Google Ngram Viewer shows how "competitor" and "opponent" have occurred on timeline