Disadvantaged and Poor
Similar meaning words
Disadvantaged adjective - Kept from having the necessities of life or a healthful environment.
Usage example: disadvantaged families struggling to get by in the inner city
Show all Definitions
Synonyms for Disadvantaged
Antonyms for Disadvantaged
Poor is a synonym for disadvantaged in destitute topic. In some cases you can use "Poor" instead the word "Disadvantaged" as an adjective or a noun, when it comes to topics like underprivileged.
Poor adjective - Lacking money or material possessions.
Usage example: every year, we make up a basket of food at Thanksgiving for a poor family in the neighborhood
Show all Definitions
Synonyms for Poor
Antonyms for Poor
Disadvantaged is a synonym for poor. You can use "Disadvantaged" instead the word "Poor" as an adjective or a noun.
- unfortunate and disadvantaged
- unfortunate and poor
- penurious and disadvantaged
- penurious and poor
- indigent and disadvantaged
- indigent and poor
- bankrupt and disadvantaged
- bankrupt and poor
- lacking and disadvantaged
- lacking and poor
- impoverished and disadvantaged
- impoverished and poor
- unlucky and disadvantaged
- unlucky and poor
Both words in one sentence
- The net result would be a society where poor people were not only financially but genetically disadvantaged.
Source: Unstable Equilibrium
- There is a proverb in Finland Tulis talvi ja tappais köyhät (Wish winter would come and kill the poor) which is effectively hoping misfortune for someone disadvantaged.
Source: Snow Means Death
- However, you can reasonably expect him or her to be Inspirationally Disadvantaged, poor, or otherwise so needy that he or she is automatically sympathy bait for the audience.
Source: Yet Another Christmas Carol
Cite this Source
Poor and Disadvantaged. (2016). Retrieved 2023, May 29, from https://thesaurus.plus/related/disadvantaged/poor
Disadvantaged & Poor. N.p., 2016. Web. 29 May. 2023. <https://thesaurus.plus/related/disadvantaged/poor>.
Poor or Disadvantaged. 2016. Accessed May 29, 2023. https://thesaurus.plus/related/disadvantaged/poor.
Google Ngram Viewer shows how "disadvantaged" and "poor" have occurred on timeline