Powerful adjective - Having great power or influence.
Usage example: a powerful producer in the music business who is considered responsible for the careers of several superstars
High-powered is a synonym for powerful in influential topic. You can use "High-powered" instead an adjective "Powerful".
- passionate and high-powered
- passionate and powerful
- forceful and high-powered
- forceful and powerful
- heavy and high-powered
- heavy and powerful
- robust and high-powered
- robust and powerful
- effective and high-powered
- effective and powerful
- strong and high-powered
- strong and powerful
- authoritative and high-powered
- authoritative and powerful
Both words in one sentence
- Similarly, X-COM avoids this due to the fact that even your Captains and other powerful characters are still liable to die to the first high-powered explosive to come along.
Source: One-Man Party
- We do get some high-powered new villains in the Lunataks, who were so powerful as a group they usually only showed up alone or in pairs so the Thundercats could still believably win.
- John Henry Irons had devised a high-powered gun, nicknamed the "Toastmaster", but had hidden away the plans when he realized they'd be too powerful.
Cite this Source
Powerful and High-powered. (2016). Retrieved 2022, September 29, from https://thesaurus.plus/related/high-powered/powerful
High-powered & Powerful. N.p., 2016. Web. 29 Sep. 2022. <https://thesaurus.plus/related/high-powered/powerful>.
Powerful or High-powered. 2016. Accessed September 29, 2022. https://thesaurus.plus/related/high-powered/powerful.