Precisely adverb - As stated or indicated without the slightest difference.
Specifically is a synonym for precisely in exactly topic. In some cases you can use "Specifically" instead an adverb "Precisely".
Specifically adverb - In regard to something mentioned explicitly or in detail.
Precisely is a synonym for specifically in expressly topic. You can use "Precisely" instead an adverb "Specifically".
- smack and precisely
- smack and specifically
- just and precisely
- just and specifically
- directly and precisely
- directly and specifically
- absolutely and precisely
- absolutely and specifically
- definitely and precisely
- definitely and specifically
- particularly and precisely
- particularly and specifically
- completely and precisely
- completely and specifically
Both words in one sentence
- The hero turns out to be a good and decent and upright man — precisely and specifically because his parents were all those things.
Source: In the Blood
- Leia kissed Luke precisely twice, once for luck and once specifically to make a point to Han.
Source: Never Live It Down / Film
- In Noir, Kirika does this frequently, and the directors even say that they specifically chose her weapon (a Beretta M1934) precisely so she could fire it with one hand.
Source: Firing One-Handed
Cite this Source
Specifically and Precisely. (2016). Retrieved 2022, August 18, from https://thesaurus.plus/related/precisely/specifically
Precisely & Specifically. N.p., 2016. Web. 18 Aug. 2022. <https://thesaurus.plus/related/precisely/specifically>.
Specifically or Precisely. 2016. Accessed August 18, 2022. https://thesaurus.plus/related/precisely/specifically.
Google Ngram Viewer shows how "precisely" and "specifically" have occurred on timeline