Performance noun - A presentation of an artistic work (as a piece of music) from a particular point of view.
Usage example: a disappointing, lackluster performance of a classic of the musical theater
Rendition is a synonym for performance in presentation topic. In some cases you can use "Rendition" instead a noun "Performance", when it comes to topics like translation, implementation, performing arts. popular alternative
Rendition noun - A presentation of an artistic work (as a piece of music) from a particular point of view.
Usage example: jazzy renditions of some familiar pop standards
Show all Definitions
Synonyms for Rendition
Performance is a synonym for rendition in explanation topic. You can use "Performance" instead a noun "Rendition", if it concerns topics such as translation, implementation, performing arts. popular alternative
- exercise and performance
- exercise and rendition
- discharge and performance
- discharge and rendition
- execution and performance
- execution and rendition
- display and performance
- display and rendition
- exhibition and performance
- exhibition and rendition
- show and performance
- show and rendition
- representation and performance
- representation and rendition
How words are described
|live||live performance||live rendition|
|good||good performance||good rendition|
|musical||musical performance||musical rendition|
|full||full performance||full rendition|
|Other adjectives: special, perfect, complete, original, poor, powerful, bad, impressive, terrible, horrible, famous, dramatic, final, amazing, hilarious, solo, theatrical, impromptu, realistic, awesome.|
Both words in one sentence
- At a 1965 live performance of Peter, Paul and Mary their rendition of "Puff the Magic Dragon" was prefaced by Paul giving a pompous pretend speech about dragons.
Source: Disorganized Outline Speech
- Some fans didn't like Anette's rendition of older songs (most notably Wishmaster) and complained that her on-stage performance was too 'pop' for the band.
Source: Broken Base / Music
- Then, when he did a solo unplugged performance for MTV, he did a much slower and soulful rendition of it.
Source: Music / Eric Clapton
Cite this Source
Rendition and Performance. (2016). Retrieved 2022, August 10, from https://thesaurus.plus/related/performance/rendition
Performance & Rendition. N.p., 2016. Web. 10 Aug. 2022. <https://thesaurus.plus/related/performance/rendition>.
Rendition or Performance. 2016. Accessed August 10, 2022. https://thesaurus.plus/related/performance/rendition.
Google Ngram Viewer shows how "performance" and "rendition" have occurred on timeline