Performance noun - A presentation of an artistic work (as a piece of music) from a particular point of view.
Spectacle is a synonym for performance in demonstration topic. In some cases you can use "Spectacle" instead a noun "Performance", when it comes to topics like musical performance, acting. popular alternative
Spectacle noun - An elaborate, visually exciting show or event.
Show all Definitions
Synonyms for Spectacle
Performance is a synonym for spectacle in exhibition topic. You can use "Performance" instead a noun "Spectacle", if it concerns topics such as display, show, demonstration, musical performance. popular alternative
- play and performance
- play and spectacle
- appearance and performance
- appearance and spectacle
- ceremony and performance
- ceremony and spectacle
- scene and performance
- scene and spectacle
- piece and performance
- piece and spectacle
- display and performance
- display and spectacle
- exhibition and performance
- exhibition and spectacle
How words are described
|emotional||emotional performance||emotional spectacle|
|public||public performance||public spectacle|
|complete||complete performance||complete spectacle|
|solid||solid performance||solid spectacle|
|Other adjectives: actual, entire, big, great, impressive, terrible, horrible, awful, amazing, hilarious, next, maximum, over-the-top.|
Both words in one sentence
- Especially evident when Dash heckles Trixie's show, only for Trixie to incorporate it into her performance to create a real spectacle.
Source: Fan Fic / Rainbooms and Royalty
- Even Lauren cringes at the spectacle of one particular student's immensely hammy non-dialogue "performance" of a moment from Oedipus The King.
Source: Film / Outrageous Fortune
- Corporatism has successfully turned the spectacle of super-heroics into a business, grading heroes on their performance and thus making them in general more concerned with their sponsors rather than doing anything heroic.
Source: Anime / Tiger & Bunny
Cite this Source
Spectacle and Performance. (2016). Retrieved 2023, February 01, from https://thesaurus.plus/related/performance/spectacle
Performance & Spectacle. N.p., 2016. Web. 01 Feb. 2023. <https://thesaurus.plus/related/performance/spectacle>.
Spectacle or Performance. 2016. Accessed February 01, 2023. https://thesaurus.plus/related/performance/spectacle.
Google Ngram Viewer shows how "performance" and "spectacle" have occurred on timeline